April 19, 2012

Lists

001

I am all about making lists these days - which is really nothing new. I've always been a list-maker. Now, along with my weekly grocery lists and constant to-do list, the other lists have to do with baby things. Things to buy and things to do. I feel like there is still lots to get done ... but, I trust that this baby will wait long enough until I have time to do it all! (Or at least the really necessary things.)

Here are some of the nicer things on the list

} Get a haircut (long overdue)
} Visit the art gallery (also long overdue)
} Go for brunch with J – maybe to Culina?
} Make these cookies - one of my favourite flavour combinations
} And use the extra egg yolks to make this amazing curd again
} Organize all the adorable baby clothes we have received

And of course there are some things that will be not so much fun ... but I'll feel so good when they are done!

} Reorganize our filing system (talk about overdue ... I have been meaning to do this since we moved last September)
} Purge stuff taking up space in the baby's room
} Clean out the freezer (to make room for food we can eat after the birth)

About that last point ... I am planning to make a bunch of meals that I can freeze so we don't have to worry too much about food in the first crazy days after the baby is born. What are your favourite meals that can be frozen? I am thinking lasagna and other casseroles, and soups, but I don't have too much experience freezing stuff. We don't have a deep-freeze so room is limited. If you have suggestions please let me know!

2 comments:

Hanne said...

I found this pdf when I was in the same spot as you before my daughter was born. It's a good resource! We modified some of the recipes because a few rely a bit too much on prepared food ingredients. The chicken marbella recipe was really, really good and froze great. Actually, everything we tried worked well. http://www.babybunching.com/files/leslies-make-ahead-recipes.pdf

Oh, we also stocked up on very easy to eat food like dried fruit and nuts. My husband would refill little bowls for me and put them, along with big glasses of water, next to the rocker I sat in to nurse at night. That was a HUGE help in those first crazy weeks, when days and nights all blur together.

Large dinner parties said...

Great Food to dear feeling hungry